WSU Library Instruction
Citation Style Quick Guides
These quick reference guides are designed to provide easy access to common formatting and stylistic requirements for each citation style. We are in the process of creating guides for each of the major citation styles. If we do not currently have a citation guide for a style you are working with, or you suspect that there may be an error please let us know.
- Frequently used in the Humanities
- Frequently used in the Social Sciences
- Frequently used in the Natural Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics)
- Frequently used in Medical disciplines
- Frequently used in Soil Science, Agronomy, and Crop Science
- The Chicago Manual of Style has two methods of documentation, the humanities style (notes and bibliography) and the author-date style.