Sources of Data: Washington
- Digital geologic map of Spokane County and vicinity, Washington and Idaho
- Digital Ortho Quadrangles for Washington State
- Early Washington Maps: A Digital Collection: developed by Manuscripts, Archives and Special Collections department of the WSU Libraries and the University of Washington Map Library.
- Forest GIS Data: Pacific Northwest Forests (Washington and Oregon) and other Regional Program Areas with GIS data currently or planned to be online.
- A Gap analysis of Washington: Sept 1997 final report. Two CD-ROMs available in the WSU Libraries Media Materials section of the Holland and Terrell Libraries, Call number I 19.212/47:W 27/DISC 1-2.
- Geographic Information Systems: Washington State Department of Health. Division of Information. Resource Management.
- GIS: Bureau of Land Management Washington/Oregon
- Index to Digital Ortho Quads, Digital Raster Graphics, Clipped Digital Raster Graphics, 10-meters DEMs, for Washington State
- Okanogan National Forest GIS Data Dictionary: a directory of free GIS data and metadata for areas in and surronding Okanogan National Forest. Site is arranged by theme.
- Interior Columbia Basin Ecosystem Management Project:
a site with spatial data about the Columbia Basin by the Pacific Northwest Research Station of the USDA's Forest Service.
- Spatial Data on the Web for Washington State
- Spokane County, Washington: part of the GIS Data Depot.
- Washington State. Department of Ecology. GIS Data: The Department of Ecology maintains the spatial datasets described on this page to order to better describe the diverse natural and cultural environment of Washington State. As a public service, some of the department's data is available for viewing and downloading here. Spatial datasets are available in ArcInfo export format (zipped E00), metadata files are in FGDC format.
- Washington State. Department of Transportation GeoData Distribution Catalog.
- Washington State Geographic Information Council Geospatial Data
- Washington State Geospatial Data provided by the University of Washington Libraries.
- Washington, Statewide Data: part of Geocommunity.
- Washington, County Data:
- Yakima County Assessor: Parcel Search.
- Yakima County GIS
- Yakima County: part of Geocommunity.
Sources of Data: Other Northwest States
- Alaska Geospatial Data Clearinghouse
- Alaska PaleoGlacier Atlas: A Geospatial Compilation of Pleistocene Glacier Extents
- Idaho Geographic Information Center GIS Data
- Inside Idaho: an interactive numeric and spatial information data engine for geo data, numeric data, atlas and interactive mapping
- Oregon Geospatial Data Clearinghouse
- Montana State Library: Natural Resource Information System GIS
- Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry: GIS Data links
- Climate Data Available Online:
FEMA's HazardMaps: a public on-line, interactive mapping resource for
multi-hazard planning and management efforts. It is developed and maintained by FEMA to address the needs of many organizations and agencies for immediate and continuous access to comprehensive natural hazards data as well as to data supporting natural hazard assessment and planning.
- Michigan Department of Natural Resources Spatial Data Library
- NRCS GIS and Data Sites
- Office of Environmental Assessment (OEA)
- Water Data for the United States, from the USGS
- Water Resources of the United States
- see WSU Libraries Census 2000
- Federal Geographic Data Committee
- Mineral Resources On-line Spatial Data
- National Elevation Dataset (NED): see also the Seamless Data Distribution System
- National Geophysical Data Center (NGDC): data, atlas and interactive mapping
- National Geospatial Data Clearinghouse
- National Geospatial Digital Archive
- National Historical Geographic Information System
- National Land Cover Dataset (NLCD)
- Global GIS database: Four CD-ROMs available in the WSU Libraries Media Materials section of the Holland and Terrell Libraries, Call numbers I 19.121:62-A to I 19.121:62-D.
General Directories and Databases for GIS Data
- Alexandria Digital Library
- Data and Program Library Services: from the University of Wisconsin-Madison
- The David Rumsey Collection: an online collection of 18th and 19th century North and South American cartographic materials and includes atlases, globes, school geographies, maritime charts, and a variety of separate maps including pocket, wall, children’s and manuscript maps.
- Digital Geospatial Data Sources: provided by the University of Wisconsin-Madison
- ESRI's Internet Mapping and Data Site
- Geographical Resources: Geospatial Data sets from the University of Colorado at Boulder
- GIS Data Depot: free geo-spatial data repository
- The GIS Portal
- Spatial Online: The Unofficial Arc/Info and ArcView Symbol Page