Information and Reference Services
- Holland and Terrell Libraries (Humanities and Social Sciences)
- Manuscripts, Archives and Special Collections (MASC)
- Owen Science & Engineering Library
Telephone Reference Service
- Distance Degree Library Services 1-800-435-5832
- Holland and Terrell Libraries (Humanities and Social Sciences) 509 335-9671
- Owen Science & Engineering Library 509 335-2674
- Animal Health Library 509 335-9556
Electronic Reference Service
Members of the University community may ask basic reference questions by electronic mail or instant message.
Questions most suitable for this type of communication are:
- citation verification,
- telephone numbers
- factual inquiries.
Instruction and Research Consultation
- In addition to offering individual instruction at the reference desk, librarians offer classroom instruction to facilitate effective use of information resources. Instruction sessions vary from basic introductory classes to those focused on subjects or specialized resources, such as electronic databases and the Internet. Instruction may take place in the classroom or in the library. See the Library Classes for a schedule of classes for the campus community. Contact the librarian subject specialist in your discipline to schedule classes related to a specific course or on a specific topic.
- Librarians also provide individual assistance to staff, faculty and students who want more detailed knowledge of information resources in a subject area. This assistance is available by appointment. Please contact the subject specialist in your discipline to set up this type of research consultation.