LIBRARY INSTRUCTION / REFERENCE WORKING GROUP
- To coordinate and promote reference and library instruction services system-wide.
- To address issues related to providing reference and library instruction services to library users.
Membership to be appointed by LC:
- Head, Library Instruction
- Reference Manager, Holland
- Reference Manager, Owen
- Two faculty members representing a cross-section of WSU-Pullman campus library units (chosen by Library Council after soliciting volunteers)
- One urban campus library faculty representative (chosen by Library Council after soliciting volunteers)
- One Library Instruction representative
- One staff representative (Information Asst. or staff member with reference- or library instruction-related duties)
- One Animal Health Library faculty representative
- One Education Library faculty representative
The representative members serve staggered two year terms.
The Library Instruction/Reference Working Group reports to the Assistant Director for Public Services & Outreach. The working group will select its own chair for a 6 month minimum term of office and will meet regularly or as needed. The group will coordinate its activities with other working groups and library departments, as warranted. Working groups will establish procedures and make policy within the scope of their responsibilities. Working groups are accountable for their decisions and are expected to share decisions with library colleagues using the standard working groups procedure. Any proposals generated by a working group that require funding for implementation must be referred to Library Council for funding approval. Similarly, any proposals with very broad policy implications also need Library Council approval. The chair of the working group is expected to update Library Council on its activities on a regular basis.
- To assess the impact of reference and library instruction services on users.
- To identify and address library instruction issues and needs.
- To identify and address reference issues and needs.
- To assist with development of reference and library instruction priorities.
- To advise the Reference Manager(s) and Library Instruction with implementation of policies and activities.
- To share information and expertise relating to reference and library instruction with library colleagues.
- To coordinate activities with other WSU Libraries working groups as needed.
APPROVED by Library Council: 7-31-98; revised 6/28/00; revised 7/5/00; rev. 10/16/00; changed "user education" to "library instruction" 12/27/00; changed EDLS to DDLS 5/01; revised 10/17/01; Revised 9-11-02; Changed "branch campus" to "urban campus" 5/3/04; Added HSL faculty rep and Ed Lib faculty rep 6/16/04; Under ROLE, changed "campus-wide" to "system-wide" 7/18/05