Management Advisory Committee
Role and Charge:
The Management Advisory Committee (MAC) is designed to enhance communication to and from the Dean of Libraries. MAC may make recommendations and provide input, but the Dean has the responsibility for decision-making.
MAC will provide feedback, advice and input to the Dean and will serve as a sounding board for the Dean and Assistant Dean in regard to Libraries-wide issues.
Membership will be reviewed periodically.
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Work to create a shared and balanced sense of system-wide library priorities among all Libraries personnel.
- Help improve communications within the Libraries, including identifying issues for discussion and disseminating to and collecting information from other Libraries personnel.
- Constructively represent diverse opinions on discussion items.
- Provide input regarding the ongoing development of strategic priorities, including the application of needed resources.
- Suggest or recommend the establishment of groups and their membership to carry out specific tasks.
The following members serve ex-officio:
- Dean of Libraries
- Assistant Dean of Libraries
- Area Finance Officer, LAO
- Manager, Access Services
- Head, MASC
- Head, Animal Health Library
- Head, Collections
- Head, Library Instruction
- Head, Research Services
- Head, Systems
- Head, Technical Services
The following members are selected by the Dean from a pool of volunteers.
Terms of service are one year in length.
- One Regional Campus Member
- Four Pullman Members-At-Large (3 staff, 1 faculty)