WSU Libraries Council
To support world class learning, the Washington State University Libraries Council is committed to building awareness and resources for the Washington State University Libraries in the following ways:
- Hosting Friend-Raising activities where the Dean of Libraries or staff could discuss issues and answer questions about The Libraries;
- Serving as advocates for The Libraries in social and professional settings, including the WSU Board of Trustees and other WSU advisory/alumni groups;
- Representing key informational issues about WSU disciplines;
- Identifying Friends of the Libraries who would contribute financial and volunteer support; and
- Introducing to The Libraries members of boards whose organizations, foundations or corporations would fund proposals.
(Left to right) Lorie Dankers, Judith Borth, Virginia Schafer, Tom Weingarten, Patti Knowles, Carol Toschi, Jay Starratt (Dean of Libraries), Diana Prenguber and Jim Ruck.
“WSU has ambitious goals, and The Libraries must keep pace. I care about Washington State University and want it to be a world class research university. To accomplish that, WSU must have a library system that is rich and robust in faculty expertise, contemporary and archival electronic and print resources, and dynamic physical spaces across all campuses.”
Tom Weingarten, BA 1968, Trustee
Washington State University
Thomas J. Weingarten