- Begin in the Publishable Content/Course folder
- Click "Add Content"
- Click "Assessment"
Fill in page settings
- Title: create a name for the assessment
- Click on "Advanced" radio button to enable the HTML editor
- Add quiz instructions to the "Page Text" area. These will be visible to the student before beginning the assignment. E. g.: "This quiz is included as part of your grade for the course. Each question has only one correct answer"
- The "View Restrictions" start and end dates control what appears to the student. It does not make an assessment or tutorial able to be interacted with, that function is controlled using the Interaction tab.
- It is recommended to leave the start and end dates in the "Access" tab alone
- In "View Restrictions" section, set the "Viewable By" option to Members
- Do not modify "Delivery settings" at this point, they will be assigned once the assessment has been published into a course
"Display Settings" section
- Select "Question at a time"
"Question Set Defaults" section
- Check "Randomize the order in which questions are delivered"
- Check "Randomize the order of each question's answer options"
"Submission Settings" section
Set the number of Attempts Allowed
- Set the number of Attempts Allowed
Deselect all feedback options except Overall score, as displayed below
- Deselect all feedback options except Overall score, as displayed below
- Content tab
Click "Add Question," do not click "Add Question Set"
- At this point you should know the number of question that are in the Question Pool created above in addition to the number of questions that will be asked on the assessment
Configure Question Pool Settings
- Click "Question Pool"
- Add the "Number of questions"
Add the "Question Pool Points"
- In order to maintain baseline expectations for shared resources, the "Question Pool Points" should be set to 100. Adjustments of the value of the assessment can be made when integrating into the course, that will determine the ultimate point value of the assignment
Click the "Choose Folders" link
Select the checkbox for the Question Bank which should have been created earlier. See Course Assessments - Creating a Question Pool
- Click "Done"
- Click "Save"