- To assign a subset of a larger question set, a Question Pool is required. A Question Pool can be comprised of many or a single quiz set. The procedure involves using the Question Bank Manager available in the Management Console. After creating a pool or pools of questions, they must be added to an assessment which can then be assigned to a course
- Begin at the Learning Object Repository , on the leftmost toolbar
- Select the Management Console using the "Manage" tab at the top of the page
Click "Question Bank Manager"
Click on the small down arrow next to Library Repository Pullman
- Select "Add Subfolder"
Add a folder name
- Name folder using the following format Question Bank: Coursename e.g.. Question Bank: World Civ 111
Click the down arrow next to the newly created Question Bank (bottom of the list)
- The following describes how to create a simple Question Pool similar to that formerly used in ILE, where quiz sets for multiple tutorials were combined into one list from which subsets were drawn from. More sophisticated assessment instruments can be made by creating multiple Question Pools nested within the Question Bank folder created in number 6. Each Question Pool can then be assigned a specific number of questions to draw from. Once Question Pools have been created they can be assigned as part of an assessment. For the purposes of this documentation, what follows is an example of a "simple Question Pool" only.
- Click "Add Question"
- Click "Copy Questions from Assessment"
- Select the Quiz Set to add to the Question Pool from the Choose Assessment dropdown menu
- Click "Go" button
- Select all the questions to be included in the Question Pool
- Click "OK"
- Repeat numbers 8 - 13 for each quiz set to be added to the Question Pool