Law Enforcement Requests for Personal Information - Pullman Campus
Any request for information from a law enforcement officer (or someone acting on their behalf) must be directed to those named below in this order:
- Al Cornish, Head of Libraries Systems Office, 335-1895
- Beth Blakesley, Associate Dean of Libraries, 335-6134
- Alex Merrill, Acting Head of Holland and Terrell Libraries Access Services, 335-9675
The following library records request situations may occur:
- An officer requests information and has a search warrant or other legal document
- An officer requests information and does not have any paperwork
- The person requesting information is not an officer but someone who claims to have an official capacity or is acting on behalf of an officer
What you should do:
Explain that you are willing to comply with the request for information (or search warrant or other legal document) but are unable to provide it and will contact the person responsible for library records. Proceed to use the contact list above.
Disclosure of information request:
Some search warrants direct recipients not to disclose information about the warrant to anyone else. Even in these cases you must use the contact list to notify the Libraries’ administration. Do not talk with anyone else about the request.
If you have questions about this policy or procedure please contact the Associate Dean of Libraries, Beth Blakesley, 335-6134.